Monday, August 23, 2010

First Assignment!












To be perfectly honest, this course is very daunting to me because I am computer-tarded. Internet, databases, and so forth I can handle, but Photoshop is like Greek to me. I am trying to take this course and Digital Imaging at the same time and not drop anything so I can move forward with my photography major. Luckily I have a sister who goes to SCAD and is about to major in Animation, so she can walk me through things also. Fiddling around with the duck picture turned out to be kind of fun because I thought of some ridiculous things. The pictures are posted in order in which I created them, and visually it is obvious when I got more comfortable.
The last one is obviously my favorite. I had to cut the face of the helmet off on Layer 2, then paste the image of my face onto a layer below it. I moved the helmet back over, and then lowered the opacity to around 49% or so. There were a couple more layers involved (background, layer 1, layer 2, layer 3). I impressed myself, haha. In the picture with the monks and tigers, I tried to add shadows and blur the ducks so they looked like they were chillin' in the tiger pit, but it isn't entirely convincing.
Onward!































































































3 comments:

  1. See, look at all your Photoshop talk, layers and such!!! Keep experimenting like this during the semester and you will do fine.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can retain everything I learn, it'll be all good. Every year I try to learn guitar and all I remember is the C chord and a blues scale, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to try...see if you can clean up the ducks a little bit. there is a white halo edge around each of the duckies. clean that up and these will be great starts.

    ReplyDelete